As we get any questions regarding the trip, we will post them up here for everyone to see
Will the trip be covered by travel insurance?
The trip will be covered by the Unity (Scout Insurance Services) Overseas Travel Policy. The benefits of the policy are summarised below (correct at 07/02/14);
- Disruption (cancellation or curtailment) – up to £1,000 for any one journey
- Medical and emergency repatriation expenses – up to £10,000,000
- Personal injury – up to £5,000
- Hospital Stay Benefit – up to £400
- Supplementary travel and accommodation expenses – up to £15,000
- Personal Belongings – up to £1,000 (limit £250 for valuables/£250 any one article, pair or set)
- Money – up to £200 for insured persons aged 16 or over and
£150 if aged 15 or under.
- Credit card misuse – up to £1,000
- Delayed Baggage – up to £100
- Loss of passport – up to £1,000
- Missed departure – up to £500
- Personal liability – up to £2,000,000
- Legal Expenses – up to £25,000
- Travel delay – up to £60
- Piste closure – up to £200
Terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions apply, full details are contained in the policy wording, a copy of which is available here.
Who are Unity (Scout Insurance Services)
Unity is a specialist independent insurance broker focused on the insurance needs of Scouts and dedicated to servicing the not-for-profit sector.
For over 80 years Scout Insurance Services has provided bespoke policies and protection to the Scout Association and its Members.
Unity Insurance Services is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, FRN 312976.
What kind of activities are you expecting to take part in?
We do not currently have a set programme for the trip. This will be decided on nearer to the departure date.
KISC have a wide range of activities available to us from Glacier Walks to River Tubing. We intend to take full advantage of our surroundings and organise activities that we would be unable to do in the UK.
A copy of the current KanderActive booklet with further details of the available activities and trips can be found here